1996 Pontiac Grand Am Car wont start

ANDREW47167
  • 1996 PONTIAC GRAND AM
My car has a new battery in it but wont crank over it sounds like it is dead but the battery is brand new. Sometimes when I try to give it a jump start it will try to crank over more. I took it to a shop they said it was the coil packs then I took it to Autozone they said the O2 sensors were bad. Could a bad alternator or starter cause it not to start right? Could it be the coil packs or the O2 sensors? Please help!
Saturday, June 13th, 2009 AT 8:42 PM

MMPRINCE4000
If you are saying the battery is new, yet the car turns over slowly, then remove and clean all battery connections.

If problem persists, remove starter and have it bench tested at most autoparts stores.
Sunday, June 14th, 2009 AT 8:11 AM
ANDREW47167
Where exactly is the starter located at I have looked and only thing I coul dsee is under the motor and I have no idea how to get to that can you explain how I get to it and remove it?
+1
Sunday, June 14th, 2009 AT 9:02 AM
MMPRINCE4000
Starter access is best under car. It is located where trans and engine attach.

The starter has a large wire from battery attached to it and solenoid switch.

Disconnect negative battery cable before removing starter.
Monday, June 15th, 2009 AT 6:36 AM

Sponsored links