1996 Pontiac Grand Am '96 Pontiac Grand Am 5 Speed

SPAZ_2283
  • 1996 PONTIAC GRAND AM
1996 Pontiac Grand Am 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual? Miles

I am unsure of the miles as it is my friends car. He has just recently had problems with this vehicles power. It starts, drives but just doesn't have the power it used to.

I thought about having him check the Spark Plugs, Plug Wires, Ignition Coil and Fuel Injectors but I didn't want to put in to much work for it to be something other then that, so that's why I'm here asking. Is there anything other then that which could be the problem?

It would also be nice to know where a part is located just in case it's not something easy to find. I know where some stuff is, but I'm not a mechanic, so any help would be appreciated with this problem.
Friday, March 21st, 2008 AT 9:13 AM

SERVICE WRITER
Clutchfor transmission slipping or contaminents on the clutch disc?
Friday, March 21st, 2008 AT 11:34 AM
SPAZ_2283
Edit: I went down there yesterday morning because I had to run into town to grab milk. So I stopped by and told him about these option.

He gave me the keys to go out and start it, and it wouldn't turn over at all. It has maybe 1/8th of a tank of gas, which would be enough to start it and make it a bit of a ways. It cranks like it wants to start, but won't start.

Press the gas a little to try to get it started and it will just stall out.

Anything about that now?
Friday, March 21st, 2008 AT 11:51 AM