CAR STALL WHEN ENGINE IS HOT

1994 Pontiac Grand Am

Gsr_Mode

July, 22, 2010 AT 7:32 PM

1994 Pontiac Grand Am V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 300328 miles

Car start fine at first, but after the engine gets hot engine will stall and I have to wait for 10-15 mins to start it again to work!

I just tune ups the car! So any idea or seiche what wrong with the car? I am guesing it's w fuel pump but I am not 100% sure

Thanks in advance guys.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

July, 23, 2010 AT 2:44 AM

If it refuses to start don't wait for nothing- do below to find out if its fuel or spark problem that's causing it not to start-something has to give.

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it