1993 Pontiac Grand Am water pump

PORSCHE09
  • 1993 PONTIAC GRAND AM
Engine Cooling problem
1993 Pontiac Grand Am Four Wheel Drive

my car is like sooting out antifreeze everywhere all over the left side I thought it just needed a new water pump so I got one but it still has the same issue and the mechanic who is woeking on my car is a family member of mine friend. He sad that I need a wire or holes that is in the back of the water pump to get it fixed. He said that he already bought a new one. Is there really something in the back of the water pump? Because now the mechanic is trying to charge me tripple the amount he asked for at first. What do you think is worng with my car? Should I trust what this guy is saying? Or is he just trying to get extra money?
Sunday, April 18th, 2010 AT 12:45 PM

Behind the water pump is the waterpump housing. What is he saying you need "a wire or a hole?" Neither one makes sense to me. The water pump has what is called a weep hole in it. It will leak coolant from it if the bearing or seal in the pump is bad, but I have no idea what he means by you need "a wire or holes." That doesn't make sense to me.

Let me know if he said something different.

Tuesday, April 20th, 2010 AT 10:16 PM