1993 Pontiac Grand Am Ignition control module

AUTOWIZ28
  • 1993 PONTIAC GRAND AM
Hi, my issue got this car had been at another shop and they rebult the lower end of the engine. Had no issues besides a bad rod bearing when it went in. Well they could not get it to run. One of their mechanics told me it had injector pulse, but would not fire. What I have came to is that the ignition control module is sending signal to the injectors but not to the crank senser. My question is their anthing else in the loop that would put the ignition control module in this state that were it would not function correctly? It has 12 volts coming in through a pink wire with a black stripe, got the white and green wires going to the injectors, the purple and yellow go to the crank senser, and two solid black wires coming in and a black with a red stripe. Could any of these wires need to be feeding a signal in?
Saturday, November 7th, 2009 AT 10:33 AM

Welcome to the forum, the crank sensor signal goes to the ignition module. The ignition module sends rpm signal to computer. The wire carrying the signal to the computer from ignition is either lite green or purple with white stripe, depending on the system.
Saturday, November 7th, 2009 AT 11:15 AM