1991 Pontiac Grand Am

SONDOWG1991
  • 1991 PONTIAC GRAND AM
I posted a question on here last time with my car soething happened to it. It just turned off ans didnt start no more when I pulled up to the gas station. I turned the car off now it wont kick over. I change the crank sensor like I was told but still no start. Can it be the coil pack? How can I test that at home?
Monday, December 29th, 2008 AT 11:54 PM

Do below and tell me what's missing fuel or spark

Get a starting fluid or ether and spray into the carb or the throttle body on an EFI. Did it start and die? If not disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors- Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it
Tuesday, December 30th, 2008 AT 4:37 AM
SONDOWG1991
I hooked up some wires like you told me and theres no spark. I went to pick and pull and got a coil pack but its used so that might be bad to. Where an What fuse would I check for the spark. What else should I do? Please respond asap im turning 18 on the 9th and plan to go snowboarding but have no car now
Tuesday, January 6th, 2009 AT 6:26 PM
Looking for spark starts at disconnecting a sparkplug wire grounding it to the engine and cranking the engine over-Do you have spark?
Wednesday, January 7th, 2009 AT 2:16 PM
SONDOWG1991
Ya I held on to a screw driver while I stuck it in the spark plug hole and it didnt shock me. I was wondering if my circut breaker fuses in the fuse box can go out? What esle can I do
Wednesday, January 7th, 2009 AT 4:51 PM
Sir-put the screwdriver in the sparkplug wire connector then ground it to the engine and crank engine over-not on the sparkplug hole-do you have spark? Let me know.

BTW do you have a electrical background and the usage of a voltmeter/ohmmeter? If not you need professional help it can become a nightmare on this problem its not a simple one
Wednesday, January 7th, 2009 AT 7:32 PM