1997 Pontiac Firebird Won't turn over with a noise

GJBR79
  • 1997 PONTIAC FIREBIRD
I have a 1997 Firebird, just replaced the Transmission and the Heads on the engine, was driving to break them in and there was a noise and now the engine just makes a loud clinking noise while running, after a week now the car doesn't start, I get the electrical wining sound, but no turn over. What do you think this all might be from.
Thursday, February 19th, 2009 AT 10:57 PM

TEAG
Did you check your starter and flywheel? Look and see if any of the teeth are grinded off or chewed up looking. Maybe the starter wasnt tightened all the way? Also try to look up in the bell housing and make sure all the bolts on the fywheel are still all there and tight. Good luck :)
Friday, February 27th, 2009 AT 8:15 PM
MONTEJ23
Sounds like there might be a rod thrown in your engine or it locked up. Try turning the engine over by turning the crankshaft. If it moves then the engine is not locked up. Look for any cracks or metal pertruding the block itself.

Try the starter it might just be the starter is not connected well enough to turn the engine. Hope it helps
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009 AT 11:06 AM
TEAG
Take out a spark plug and put a screw driver in the hole. Then try to turn the engine by hand. See if the engine rotates or the piston raises up. Hopefully the engine isnt seized up.
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009 AT 10:20 PM