Hello and good morning, Could someone please help me with an automotive problem.
I have a 1992 Pontiac Bonneville SE, which is exibiting intermitent stalling and stumble.
Seems to occur shortly after start up and will sometimes stall at idle but mainly occurs under load. The problem seems to go away after vehicle runs for awhile. Problem doesn't occur everyday.
Scan Codes received:
17 Spark Reference Circuit
26 QDM A circuit
43 Knock sensor
58 Not listed
Other Symptoms (may be unrelated to current problem)
1. Check engine light would come on everytime the vehicle is put in park, not while at idle and in gear or while driving.
2. Miss or Stumble at high speed acceleration 70+Mph
3. Button on gearshift would stick, Preventing car from being shifted into park and removal of key. Had to manually pull up rod in gearshift to get car into Park. Problem just went away.
4. There are two bundles of wires piggybacked off the (+) lead of the battery. If I reverse which one has first contact to the battery, the amp gage shows a much lower value.
5. The Tech that found my fuel pump problem also said that the coils are going bad.
When I took the vehicle to the dealer for the 'Check engine light in Park problem', They said that the coils were fine, and my problem was the alternator. I replaced the alternator, but problem did not go away.
There are probably more little things, but all I can remember right now. OD does not work so I am unsure of the milage.