MY CAR TURNS OVER BUT WON'T START

1996 Pontiac Bonneville

cjcobb62@yahoo.com

June, 29, 2010 AT 9:28 PM

1996 Pontiac Bonneville 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I was driving my car and when I left a stop light it just shut down. It turned over but would not start, I have had people tell me it's the fuel pump, others have said the timing. One of the times when I tried to start I heard a pop. Now I don't have a clue, and I need my car for work.

June, 29, 2010 AT 9:52 PM

Lets do below for a start to determine if its fuel or spark related issue and get back with some results

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test