1994 Pontiac Bonneville car wont start

MYSTIC1987
  • 1994 PONTIAC BONNEVILLE
1994 Pontiac Bonneville 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic

we try to start car today it wouldnt start no lights came on nothing at all. We replaced a battery but not new charged it and still haveing car problems what could it be?
Sunday, April 25th, 2010 AT 6:15 PM

The battery you instaled. Does anyting electrical work?
Monday, April 26th, 2010 AT 8:55 AM
MYSTIC1987
Ok well my fault he did but a NEW battery for it today my husband say's the light's to come on head lights and interior light's. But what ever is going on for the car not to start. He said that when he pushes the button to roll window DOWN it goes Up. And when he pushes it Up it goes Down it's wiered. WHat could cause that problem whatever that is making the window's do that that might be the results of why the car wont start? Where could he check to get the car to start and the windows not to do that. Windows never ever did that just today plzz help us
Monday, April 26th, 2010 AT 3:02 PM
It sounds like the polarity is reversed. Did you connect the battery correctly? Also, did he notice any major sparks when attaching the battery?
Monday, April 26th, 2010 AT 11:12 PM
MYSTIC1987
Battery is installed correctly but the window's what would actually cause this?And no sparks that I know of. If it was polarity reversed would that still explain why the car wont start. He said everything comes on like headlights and dash lights and interior lights stay on? He has to disconnect the terminal's.I love my car I just need to find out what we could possibly do to get it to run
Tuesday, April 27th, 2010 AT 1:40 AM
MYSTIC1987
Polarity is a BAttery if so it is connected the right way but what do u think is making it not to start battery is good he said alternator is good starter is good is there a wire?That maybe crossed over making the car not to be able to start?
Tuesday, April 27th, 2010 AT 1:45 AM
Is the starter turning the engine?
Tuesday, April 27th, 2010 AT 11:47 AM
MYSTIC1987
The started is not turning the engine?What could he do?He said is going to try and replace the col pack it's self to see if that is the problem Do u think maybe that could be the answer to it not starting
Tuesday, April 27th, 2010 AT 6:03 PM
If the starter isn't working and you are sure the battery is good, the alternator isn't the problem. Its job is to recharge the battery when the vehicle is running.

I have one last thing to check. It will take both of you. You turn the key to the start position while your husband checks the smaller wire on the starter for power. With the key in the start position, he should get 12+ volts of power.

Let me know what you find. Don't pruchase anything until you let me know what you find.

Tuesday, April 27th, 2010 AT 10:18 PM
MYSTIC1987
Ok starter is fine alternator was checked as well. The car will crank but wont start?Reply to me asap plzzz
Wednesday, April 28th, 2010 AT 9:06 PM
If the starter is working, I need you to check for spark and fuel to the engine.
Thursday, April 29th, 2010 AT 8:04 AM
MYSTIC1987
It is getting fuel but it isn't sparking?
Friday, April 30th, 2010 AT 9:06 PM
MYSTIC1987
It is getting fuel but no spark? He has changed the plugs, plug wires, cole pack 3 cole packs, and a crank sensor. Located behind the crank shaft. And changed the crank sensor behind a part on the bottom of the seperten belt pully?Now what should we do?
Friday, April 30th, 2010 AT 9:09 PM
Before replacing any more parts, tell me if you are getting power to the coil. It sounds like you have replaced most of the ingnition parts. If there is no power to the coil +, then we need to have the PCM checked.
Saturday, May 1st, 2010 AT 1:02 PM
MYSTIC1987
Ok he is saying there is no power to the harness or the harness aint getting no power to be able to fire?SO now what could this be but u can hear the car crank but wont start. What do u suggest to try or do now?
Sunday, May 2nd, 2010 AT 1:18 AM
If there is no power to the coil, then check wiring to the coil for damage. If there is nothing found, then there are several things that could be causing the problem such as an auto shut down, seurity system, or the PCM itself is bad. Check all fuses in the power distribution box under the hood. If they are good, we may need to consider having it checked by an auto electric tech. It could be so many things even an ignition switch.
Sunday, May 2nd, 2010 AT 11:15 PM
MYSTIC1987
What he do is he replaced 3 relay switches I believe and he said he is going to check the (ECM) to see if thats ok he is just replacing somethings to the car sometimes its better to do right?I will find out more on the ECM & The PCM and I will write u back and see what else we can come up with But I will let him know what u said thanks so much for helping I will get back with u and let u know what else is happening
Monday, May 3rd, 2010 AT 2:59 AM
Let me know. I'm anxious to know what is causing the problem.
Monday, May 3rd, 2010 AT 6:40 AM
MYSTIC1987
Well he found the problem and it was the (ENGINE CONTROL MODULE)ECM he replaced the ECm and it runs like a Beauty thanks for all ur help :) how do I give u points or whatever it is?Lol thanks so much
Tuesday, May 4th, 2010 AT 11:31 PM
I'm glad you got it fixed. Let us know if you have questions in the future.

Wednesday, May 5th, 2010 AT 6:36 AM
MYSTIC1987
Ok the other day we got in our car and notcied a burning smell and saw alittle bit of smoke comeing from where the shifter is?What might that be?And where the battery gauge is when we start the car sometimes it will hesit to start but it will start.
When the car is I park with the car running the smoke comes from the shifter inside the car. And the battery gauge goes down to the red area and even when it is in (R) it smokes alittle? When we put it in (N)it goes in the middle. What could the problem be write me back asap
Thursday, May 13th, 2010 AT 5:02 PM