Engine Performance problem
1990 Plymouth Laser 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 85000 miles
1990 Plymouth Laser, 2.0 Turbo
1. Extreme hesitation on acceleration, have to pump the pedal to keep moving.
2. New remanufactured ECU.
3. Only one code that has since disappeared, code 14 (TPS)
4. RPM's go wild sometimes.0 to 6000 and back
5. Hold the accelerator steady and the engine ramps up and down (surges) by itself.
6. Used several cans of injector cleaner
What do you think?
Fuel filter (Replaced filter on Aug 8th)
Fuel Pump (how to test for this)
Bad ECU (How to test for this)
have the same problem?
Tuesday, August 10th, 2010 AT 8:08 PM