Engine Performance problem
1990 Plymouth Laser 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 85000 miles
1990 Plymouth Laser, 2.0 Turbo
1. Extreme hesitation on acceleration, have to pump the pedal to keep car moving. The whole car " bucks" back and forth.
2. New remanufactured ECU.
3. Only one code that has since disappeared, code 14 (TPS)
4. RPM's go wild sometimes.0 to 6000 and back
5. Hold the accelerator steady and the engine ramps up and down (surges) by itself.
6. Used several cans of injector cleaner
7. Fuel filter has been changed.
What do you think?
Fuel filter (Replaced filter on Aug 8th)
Fuel Pump (how to test for this)
Bad ECU (How to test for this)