1965 Plymouth Fury Battery draining

SABRINAALYSE
  • 1965 PLYMOUTH FURY
I have owned my 1965 Plymouth Fury III for about 6 months and have had minimum problems. It is my daily driver and I drive it about 70 miles a day. A few weeks ago, my car sat for 9 hours and then started fine. When I shut it off and tried to turn it back on, only excessive clicking was heard. There was no cranking of the engine. I got a jump and the car ran fine, so I figured it was a bad battery. I replaced the battery with a new one and the car ran well for about 3 days. Then, the same problem occurred. I replaced the voltage regulator and the alternator. When the car is jumped, it starts. Then, the battery starts draining. After replacing those 2 parts, I checked the voltage of the battery with a multimeter. The battery slowly drains. What could be the problem?
Tuesday, October 5th, 2010 AT 10:53 PM

Could be a short circuit that's causing the drain also have the ignition switch tested-
Wednesday, October 6th, 2010 AT 6:50 PM