NOISE AND REV COUNTER STOP WORKING

2000 Peugeot 206

thespeed50

September, 1, 2009 AT 2:17 PM

Noises problem
2000 Peugeot 206 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 69000 miles

I went for a short drive in the car, the engine developed a really loud noise. I left it un till the following day and it wouldn't start. I called the AA and when he heard the noise he told me to switch it off as he did not know what it was. He found the reason it was not starting was because the glow plug was not working, so it was due to electrical fault. After starting it the next day I noticed that the rev counter was not working. It seems to be some electrical thing which is affecting rev counter, glow plug, cooling fan and the noise seems to be linked. Someone suggested some sort of relay which needs to be replaced, does this sound correct? If so, what relay is it. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Dave H

September, 5, 2009 AT 7:40 AM

Is the MIL (malfunction indicator lamp) showing on the dash display. Have the vehicle plugged into a diagnostic computer !

Window Switch Replacement and Test
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Open Hood Video
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic