Passenger side window stopped working, Seat warmers stopped working at same time.

SPICEMEDIC
  • 2003 HONDA ODYSSEY
I had my car in the shop to have the AC repaired. They had considerable trouble so they offered to do a complete detail for free for me. Well in that process, the passenger window stopped operating. When I press the window down button on the driver side I can hear a clicking noise on the switch on the passenger side but nothing happens. I'm guess I have a damaged passenger side switch. I didn't notice at the time, but now that it's cooling down, I've noticed that my seat warmers won't come on at all and there is not light appearing on the switch. I checked fuse #4 on the driver's side and even replaced it though it looked perfectly fine. I'm wondering if the heater switch is damaged as well. Anything else for me to do other than take it into a shop.
Wednesday, October 30th, 2013 AT 6:00 PM

SATURNTECH9
Do you have a multi meter to do some testing?You will need one to do some testing. Without testing can't tell what's wrong. Even if I was looking at it I would e testing to figure out the issue.
+2
Wednesday, October 30th, 2013 AT 9:16 PM
SPICEMEDIC
Yeah, I can get my neighbors tomorrow. Do you think they're at all related or just a coincidence. Let me know what to test.
Wednesday, October 30th, 2013 AT 9:44 PM
SATURNTECH9
It could be a condince until we get into it remove the screw from the passenger switch. Then pop the switch up turn the key in the run position. Then see if the blue wire with a yellow stripe has power with the switch in the up position. Also the blue wire with the white stripe in the down position has power to it at the switch.
Thursday, October 31st, 2013 AT 10:03 AM
SPICEMEDIC
I don't detect any power going into either. I believe I'm doing it right, correct me if I'm wrong. I have the "needle" of the voltmeter touching the brass fitting of the blue/white wire going into the switch and then activating the switch.
Thursday, October 31st, 2013 AT 12:10 PM
SATURNTECH9
Yeah your doing it right so the right front window is onop from both switches?
-1
Thursday, October 31st, 2013 AT 12:48 PM
SPICEMEDIC
Correct. A lot of forums talk about the problem being the main drivers side switch.
Thursday, October 31st, 2013 AT 12:57 PM
SATURNTECH9
I posted how to check the switch inputs follow the directions I posted.
Thursday, October 31st, 2013 AT 1:29 PM
SATURNTECH9
That should be all the pins in the connector if it isn't let me know which pin numbers your missing.
Thursday, October 31st, 2013 AT 1:32 PM
SPICEMEDIC
Ok, I'll try that. Any ideas about the seat warmers? Neither light turns on or does it warm the seat. I checked the #4 fuse on the driver's side that supposedly controls it but it is fine.
Thursday, October 31st, 2013 AT 1:41 PM
SATURNTECH9
For the seat heater with the key in the run position at the seat heater relay you should have a 2ohm or less ground to the relay and power at the yellow and black wire the white and green wire and the white and black wire?
Thursday, October 31st, 2013 AT 2:12 PM
SPICEMEDIC
Alright. Not technical, but I was able to pull a friend's passenger door switch off and put it on mine, worked perfectly. So solved that problem. Still need to look into the seat warmers they are harder to get to.
Monday, November 4th, 2013 AT 9:37 AM
SATURNTECH9
You can access wires to the seat warmers under the seat most of the seat heater issues I have seen are burned out seat heater elements.
Monday, November 4th, 2013 AT 10:02 AM
SPICEMEDIC
Ok, just seems weird that both of them would go out at the same time. Does the seat warmer light still go on if the elements are burned out.
Monday, November 4th, 2013 AT 10:24 AM
SATURNTECH9
Not usually that's why were checking the relay first then check other things.
Monday, November 4th, 2013 AT 10:53 AM