Part# 64111499122 blower motor resistor location mystery ( Equipped with IHKA auto air feature )

1KONGFISH
  • 2002 MINI COOPER S
Hi,
I had emailed you a while back with a question regarding the location of the final stage output, (blower motor resistor part# 64111499122 ) on a 2002 mini cooper S. With - IHKA Auto Air as a option
I wanted to follow up to see if you had come across where this part is located at on the car that we were looking for. I finally got the entire A/C unit out of the car today and broke it down to a box of parts and bolts. I was unable to find this part number # 64111499122 it's just not there.
I have the complete dash out and the heating & A/C unit out of the car and torn down. The wiring plug in that they show as going to the part, goes into the blower motor itself, but its not in there either, unless it is part of the blower motor itself.
I was just wondering if you had heard anything new on the location of this part on the car.
I am at the point now that finding this part has pissed me off so bad that, I have decided that this entire P.O.S. Will be broke down into buckets of bolts, and baskets of parts if thats what I have to do to find out where this part is located.
Have you had any further info come by you on this parts location?
Thanks,
Gary
Wednesday, December 11th, 2013 AT 1:11 AM

.64 11 222 Replacing resistor for heater - A/C fan (IHKA)
NOTE:For purposes of clarity, illustration shows heater/air conditioner removed.

The resistor for the heater - A/C fan is located in the right footwell.
Unfasten plug connection (1) and disconnect.
Release screw (2).
Remove resistor for heater - A/C fan.
Fig. 13: Removing Plug Connection
Courtesy of BMW OF NORTH AMERICA, INC
Wednesday, December 11th, 2013 AT 7:13 AM
1KONGFISH
HMAC 300,
Thanks a ton for trying. But, your answer like everyone else before you is not coming from the right source. The answer may lie in a manual "Before revisions" now that I think of it? This could be the answer as to why everyone keeps referring me to this same incorrect parts diagram.
I have the car broken down to the point that, the dash and everything down to the A/C -Heater housing has been dissembled. I took some photos to email you of the location everyone keeps pointing to as the mounting location so you can see (the part is just not there) no wiring, inside or outside of the heater housing box, nothing. Its not in the blower motor itself either. If you care to see the photos I can email them to you if you email me.
I have been working on trying to replace this part for 3 weeks now. I am at the point that I am prepared to either turn this car into a BBQ, and cook hotdogs over it or just reduce it to a pile of parts & a bucket of bolts if I cant come up with the correct information on this part. If you do come across the correct mounting location for the following part I will be more than happy to pay the $10.00 suggested fee for correct information. I will include all the information I have acquired to date about it if that helps you to search out the correct mounting location for this part. Part number# 64111499122 names in the Bentley service manual= ( blower motor resistor, final stage, output stage, power stage, blower resistor pack)
2002 Mini Cooper S. Retro fitted JCW tuning kit. This car has the : "Auto Air optional feature" which is referred to as the; IHKA A/C & heating system. This is a important factor in which part is correct. There is also a IHKS A/C system which I don't have,
Thanks,
Kongfish
Wednesday, December 11th, 2013 AT 2:25 PM
That is the one that is listed for that model however it may be wrong so i'll send the other one and look in a later and earlier year. Ok I'm sending a coupe of pics hopefully they will come through. The ihka resistor is supposed to be in the right foot well so it may be behind a kick panel or under the carpet towards the top. Im also sending pics of the two resistors that rock auto sells. One for manual and second for auto temp control which means you set the temp inside your car. Hopefully you can get this resolved. Otherwise the resistor may be in the control head.
+1
Wednesday, December 11th, 2013 AT 3:31 PM
MAXIMILIAM
Here are some photos of the heater A/C housing box totally disassembled down to the base.

In the photos I took, they are:

Photo -#1 is the right footwell location that the parts diagram shows as where the part shows to be mounted. But, as you can see from the photo, it clearly is not there.

Photo-#2 is from above looking down into the base of the heater housing box.

Photo-#3 is looking down into the empty cavity where the part would be seated, from inside, on the right side is where the part would be protruding through the wall. If the part was where the diagram shows it should be located, you would see all the long silver prong post over on the right side of the photo.

Photo-#4 is a view of the left side or drivers side of the heater housing box.
Any other possible location you might come up with would be something to look at.
My car has the IHKA AUTO AIR FEATURE on it. It is the part number 64111499122

Thanks for replying,

Gary
Wednesday, December 11th, 2013 AT 11:24 PM
1KONGFISH
I sent some photos of the area where your parts diagrams show the part to be, as you can see in the photos I included in my previous email, the part is not where the parts diagrams show it should be. Any further information on this problem locating exactly where this part is mounted let me know,
Thanks,
Gary
Wednesday, December 11th, 2013 AT 11:50 PM
Looking at the pic i'd bet it goes to where I have thearrows to and the harness is supposed toplug into it. Both have an arrow to them. Also in second pic it looks like an empty harness unless it goes to something else. As I said in last reply the resistor may be in the right footwell as our manual shows it there for auto temp control.
Thursday, December 12th, 2013 AT 6:08 AM
The one pic look s like a resistor may go there but is missing. Sorry got the wrongpic. Insecond one.
Thursday, December 12th, 2013 AT 6:10 AM
DAN OWEN
Gary, did you ever get to the bottom of this. If have exactly the same issue with a 2002 mini with auto-air con. Fan is on full or off. The levels of speed have no effect.

I've got exactly the same blanking plate where I expected to see the hedgehog resistor.

I'm about to go down the same path as you and completely strip the interior out to get to the motor.
Thursday, January 5th, 2017 AT 5:56 AM
Ok after reading this about this specific a/c system it looks like there were SOME models with a resistor and others that it is part of the blower motor from what I can understand. See pics for description. Because when I look at rock auto the square pic is of the resistor which clearly you do not have so I am suspecting it's part of blower. When that specific number is punched into rock auto search engine the resistor is the one that is coming up with as replacement. It also shows same thing for 2003. Before you pull any more hair out or bomb the car, check with a mini dealer and see what they come up with. Unless you already have it may be necessary to take your vin number with you. See pics
Thursday, January 5th, 2017 AT 6:35 AM