Overheats but does not show it is

LANE SELLON
  • 1995 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Hi guys, I'm stumped been searching ideas all day. Just recently did a motor swap original motor had spun bearings, I took the block from my 1985. All I had to do was delete oil cooler lines. Well, I can't get it to stop overheating. I let it idle and the gauge reads almost the lowest temperature (even when it's clearly overheating) I noticed the top radiator hose get rock solid to the point it actually was spraying past the clamp. Heater still works, thermostat is like new and pump worked before.
Monday, November 4th, 2019 AT 6:35 PM

SCGRANTURISMO

Okay, if the thermostat is like new I have had them be bad right out of the box], then this is going to be an issue with your vehicle's water pump going, or has gone out. Underneath the water pump is a little hole called the weep hole. It will have coolant leaking from it if it has gone bad. This is done to keep the coolant from leaking down to the bearing and causing it to seize which would shred your serpentine belt causing other components like your vehicle's power steering pump, A/C, etc., to all fail as well. Here is a link explaining how to change a water pump below:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/water-pump-replacement

Please go through this guide and get back to us with how everything turns out.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
Tuesday, November 5th, 2019 AT 4:54 PM