Overheating problems and no heat in the inside of the car

MELLE KYLIEFE
  • 2002 BUICK RENDEZVOUS
The car drives for all of ten minutes then overheats. There is no heat inside the car. I changed the thermostat, added coolant and did the bleeding things. What could be the problem?
Friday, March 17th, 2017 AT 7:55 AM

No heat is usually a sign of no/low coolant. Have the car pressure checked you may have a head gasket leak. Also, try an actuator reset by pulling heater fuse for sixty seconds with key on then reinstall it may reset.
Friday, March 17th, 2017 AT 9:38 AM
MELLE KYLIEFE
Will resetting or pulling the heating fuse for sixty seconds help the overheating problem too?
Friday, March 17th, 2017 AT 10:34 AM
MELLE KYLIEFE
Will resetting or pulling the heating fuse for 60seconds help the overheating problem too?
Friday, March 17th, 2017 AT 10:47 AM
The fuse pulling will NOT help the overheat problem have it pressure checked for leaks which may tell of a head gasket leak if no external leaks.
+1
Friday, March 17th, 2017 AT 11:59 AM
MELLE KYLIEFE
I also checked the radiator hoses the upper one is hot and the lower one is cold. There us no water flowing through. Is that normal?
+1
Friday, March 17th, 2017 AT 12:29 PM
This can happen if fluid is low check coolant level and add 50/50 mix of antifreeze until coolant bottle is at full mark it may take a few minutes and be careful if you hear it boiling like a coffe pot do not open as you can get burned
Friday, March 17th, 2017 AT 12:39 PM
MELLE KYLIEFE
Just check the coolant level there wasn't enough in there so I added some. I started it up and thick smoke was coming from the tail pipe and smoke coming from the top of the engine. What problem could that be?
Friday, March 17th, 2017 AT 1:21 PM
MELLE KYLIEFE
Forgot to say I added 50/50 Dexcool coolant.
Friday, March 17th, 2017 AT 1:45 PM
If you are getting smoke out the tail pipe then you have a head gasket problem and will empty out your coolant very quickly coming out on top can be leaking from anywhere. Cracked hose, gasket etc.
+1
Friday, March 17th, 2017 AT 3:12 PM
MELLE KYLIEFE
Is that an expensive problem or can blue devil fix it?
Friday, March 17th, 2017 AT 4:13 PM
Blue devil won't fix it and it's around $1500 or so but check locally prices vary
+1
Friday, March 17th, 2017 AT 4:34 PM