2001 Opel Vectra Stop after driving few kilometers

MANNY_D
  • 2001 OPEL VECTRA
2001 Opel Vectra 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 100k miles

Hi

I have an 2001 Opel Vectra B, the car will stop in the middle of road after few kilometers. When this happen I have to maneuver the car from the main road to the side then waits for 5 to 10 minutes. After the waiting or cooling period of say 10 minutes, the car will again start running. This goes on every day. The mechanic said, to replace the fuel pump which I did with a replacement model (not the original). The car did go the distance but after a week, it returns to the same problem. I brought the car for scanning and the result of the scan showed to replace oxygen sensor and camshaft sensor. While waiting for the sensors to arrive, the mechanic said that the transmission could be the cause of the problem. What could be the main problem why my car is acting like this? Is it transmission problem, sensor problem, fuel pump problem? Kindly assist since i'm paying these technicians and getting no 100% accurate fix.
Tuesday, July 14th, 2009 AT 10:34 AM

DAVE H
I would replace the crankshaft position sensor !
Wednesday, July 15th, 2009 AT 4:30 AM