1997 Oldsmobile Silhouette Nothing works!

SARA.JANE1015
  • 1997 OLDSMOBILE SILHOUETTE

1997 Oldsmobile Silhouette 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

One by one I started having electrical things stop working i/e break lights, horn, driver automatic window, rear heat vents, motor for air ride suspension would not stop running had to turn it off manually from under car, automatic side door opener, you get the idea. Well I finally figured out that my windshield is leaking between passenger door and dash. Right where the interior fuse panel is. Fuses appear ok except there is white corrosion to the fuses and fuse box and I figure this is the source of all the electrical problems. Do I need to replace the fuse box or is there a way to clean it out. Also could the water have done some damage to something other than just the fuse box itself? Also the van wobbles when driving. Feels like the front end and you can only feel it when you first accelerate. Dont know if it is related but there is also a popping noise sometimes but only when you first accelerate or right after you come to a stop that also sounds like it is in the front end. Thank you so much for any info!

Monday, March 30th, 2009 AT 4:45 PM

Other Power Distribution Center PDC Water Damage Questions