BRAKES/WHEELS

Oldsmobile

paul_braunton

September, 27, 2006 AT 8:17 PM

New to the forum:

I have a 1992 cutlas cierra, 4 doors, I think it is a 3.3 L V6 (about 180,000 K's) of which the right front wheel locks up when applying the brakes.(It happends at all speeds, and is inconcistent, works well for a couple of stops then locks up for another) I have bleed about 1 L of brake fluid through the front end and it has not helped, I have replaced both front calipers, the master cylinder, and both front end flex lines?The rotors are in good shape and less than a year old, the pads were replaced about a year and three months ago but still have about 1/2" of pad left.

I am lost as to what it could be? Could it have a malfuncioning anti lock brake system? Does it even have anti lock brakes?Could poor mcpherson shocks and strutts be the problem allowing the tire to loose contact with the ground?(It locks up on flat roads as well as bumpy ones)could the problem be with the left front brake and the right front is trying to stop the entire vehicle?

any suggestions will help.

thanks for your time

Paul

Brakes Abs

ABS Computer Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front BMW M3
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front