CAR WON'T START BUT I HEAR A SINGL

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue

animedudevid

January, 29, 2010 AT 4:04 AM

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 167k miles

I have a 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue. I drive it daily. Tonight my car just wouldn't start. I had parked it downtown and was gone for about 2 hours and when I came back the car wouldn't start. I would turn the key and I would hear a single click sound. I changed the battery with a new one and the connections are perfect and clean. I think its the starter but my dad said I locked it up because the oil was low. I haven't had the engine get hot or anything and I added oil last week to make sure that it was full. There was no sound changes or no odd smells or anything wrong that I could tell when I parked it. And it started fine all the rest of the day? And when I got back it wouldn't start. I think its the starter. If it had no warning like strange sounds or smells or anything it couldn't have ceased up right?

January, 29, 2010 AT 4:37 AM

No crank at all/nothing/nada: Could be the starter, starter relay, park and neutral switch and ignition switch assuming the battery and connections are good.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right