RPM GOS DOWN AND THEN BACK UP WHEN

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue

Allen_intrigue

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 156000 miles

the car starts fine and drives fine but some times when slowing to to stop at a light to make a turn or just to stop bc the lights red it will act like it wants to stall but dosnt, when this happens the headlights go dim. It only happends sometimes and the GM ppl checked it out and dont know. I changed the IAC and cleaned out the throttle body.(Well the ppl at gm did). I cleaned the battery cables and changed the battery. It still dos it. When sitting it idles fine. Its just after driving and I start to slow down it will do it. It dos it when I take my foot off the gas.

Scotty Dee

Are there any trouble codes stored?

Allen_intrigue

No there are not. Just the ABS but that wouldnt have anything to do with it. I would give money on here if I could, but I dont have a card lol. Or much money bc GM chaged me $425 for that. Oh what powers my olds is a 3.5 twincam if that helps. This only happends to me when im going 30mph or under.

Scotty Dee

Is the air filter box and air horn sealed good?

Allen_intrigue

Yes it is. I just had it off and was checking it out yesterday. This is on odd one isnt it lol

Scotty Dee

3.5L or 3.8L engine?

Allen_intrigue

3.5 twincam.

Scotty Dee

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/470594_Intrigue_2.jpg

Allen_intrigue

How can I see that biger? Is there a url or anything? Oh and what dos it mean if your coolent reservoir has almost toped itsself off. I was just looking at it and I remeber it last week eing 1/4th filled where it is ment to be. Now its almost filled and I added nothing 2 it. And the car has been siting for 6hrs.

Scotty Dee

Highlight the image andright click save picture as, and save to your pictures. Coolant overflow was full of coolant! Holy ding dong dung!

We need to block test for exhaust gasses in the cooling system.

Did you give me feedback yet?

Allen_intrigue

What dos that mean? Bad thing and prob sould find a ride to work in the morning? Lol

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars