1991 OLDSMOBILE CIERA RUNS FOR 15 - 20 MINS THEN WONT START

• joefi88
  • 1991 Oldsmobile Ciera

1991 Oldsmobile Ciera 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 220000 miles

i have a cutlass ciera 3.3 v6. Starts and runs for about 20 mins then dies. Has spark and fuel pressure is good but it wont start for a few hours. I didnt get any trouble codes using a paper clip. I checked the injector resistances and 4 of them were lower than the book said they were supposed to be but they are still firing. Also when I give it a lot of gas it tries to die unless I let off or it will rev over and over till it dies.

UPDATE:
i checked the codes again after I ran it till it wouldnt start. I got a code 22 and a 34. Put a new tp sensor in it and there was no change. Gonna go clean my maf sensor and see what that does.

UPDATE:
cleaned maf sensor. No change in running patterns. I get codes 16, 21, 22, and 34. I'm not sure what 16 really means. The book dosent explain it in detail.

UPDATE:
took the battery out for the night. Ran awesome in the morning. But after a bit the old attempting to stall and stuff came back. No codes stored anymore though, even after I parked it and it wouldnt start.

Saturday, May 29th, 2010 AT 6:44 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

Is it getting fuel and spark to the engine?

Sunday, August 1st, 2010 AT 12:34 AM