1998 Oldsmobile Aurora overheating

DALTON44
  • 1998 OLDSMOBILE AURORA
  • AWD
I have a 1998 oldsmobile aurora that keeps overheating. I have replaced the water pump, thermostat, my cooling fans work and I have flushed the cooling system. There is no white smoke or anything in the oil and it is consuming water idk what the problem is I just need help please
Friday, May 28th, 2010 AT 1:36 PM

FREEMBA
The problem could be the water pump housing. This housing (the water pump is bolted into it) goes from the left side of the engine block to right side of the block. It has three or four gaskets which seal the water passages into the cylinde block. These gaskets leak from time to time and leave water streaks on the block and heads (driver's side just above where the transmission and engine bolt together). Check both sides for these streaks--check the whole block surface on that side. If streaks are present, replace the water pump housing gaskets. (Not a easy job, but can be done if engine is cold, you have plenty--I said plenty-- of time and patience.

When these gaskets leak you won't see water in the driveway until they get very bad.

Looked and looked for a picture, but could not find one.
Wednesday, June 2nd, 2010 AT 12:16 AM
FREEMBA
[quote="freemba"]The problem could be the water pump housing. This housing (the water pump is bolted into it) goes from the left side of the engine block to right side of the block. It has three or four gaskets which seal the water passages into the cylinde block. These gaskets leak from time to time and leave water streaks on the block and heads (driver's side just above where the transmission and engine bolt together). Check both sides for these streaks--check the whole block surface on that side. If streaks are present, replace the water pump housing gaskets. (Not a easy job, but can be done if engine is cold, you have plenty--I said plenty-- of time and patience.

Found a picture, hope it helps.
Www. Partstrain. Com/./OLDSMOBILE/AURORA
Wednesday, June 2nd, 2010 AT 11:54 AM