2003 Oldsmobile Alero engine will not start

PIPEAL
  • 2003 OLDSMOBILE ALERO
My wife drove the car friday, and saturday it would not start. It crank over but will not start.
Sunday, July 18th, 2010 AT 3:45 PM

SATURNTECH9
First of all thank you so much for your donation. Does the security light stay on or flash on the dash?Have you checked for spark or what the fuel pressure is?Let me know.
Sunday, July 18th, 2010 AT 4:30 PM
PIPEAL
The security light flashes.
Sunday, July 18th, 2010 AT 6:38 PM
SATURNTECH9

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_2003_oldsmobile_alero_passlock_sensor_relearn_1.jpg

Alright that why your car won't start your security system is keeping it from starting.When the security system is activated it shuts down your fuel injectors no no gas get's into your engine.Does your key less entry work with the remote's?Here's the problem though your going to have code's in your body control module and to get those code's you need a expensive scanner to read them.The cheaper more common scanner's only read your engine and transmission code's not your body control module code's.Let's do this follow that passlock relearn procedure i posted and see if it start's if it does then you can at least get it to a shop so they can read those code's.Let me know what you find.Also what model alero do you have?
+1
Sunday, July 18th, 2010 AT 7:33 PM
PIPEAL
Lets start off by saying thank you. I did the securty method and the car started right up.I thought this was going to be some kind of scam. I was wrong. Thank you again.
Monday, July 19th, 2010 AT 6:15 AM
SATURNTECH9
Glad to hear your car started But I would like you to have your body control module scanned for code's and the ecm scanned for code's as well. You can't just go to a auto part's store there scan tool's aren't advanced enough to read body control module code's. There''s a good chance that this could happen again and next time your car might not start again at least you can drive your car some where now to have the code's read. Let me know what the code number's are. Better to be safe then sorry.
Monday, July 19th, 2010 AT 12:24 PM