NO SPARK OR FUEL AFTER ENGINE HOT

1990 Honda Accord

diceberg

September, 14, 2013 AT 5:37 PM

This is the 4cyl injected engine. Helping my neighbors friend whose car stalled out front. He tells me that this has been going on for quite a while. Also that the car usually starts fine once its cooled off. I checked the honda boards and it seems others had had main relays issues.

The main relay was my first thought as well. I havent mapped out the electrical yet to the coil or the pump, looking for a wiring guide. Also looking for a wiring guide for the main relay as well.

September, 14, 2013 AT 9:33 PM

The main relay would not result in loss of sparks. If sparks is missing, I would suggest checking the ignition switch.

Ensure you have battery voltage at the ignition coil while cranking.

hondatech1983

November, 21, 2013 AT 7:51 AM

It is pretty unusual to have a no spark and no fuel condition at the same time. Is your coil internal or external of the distributor? You can pull out the main relay and check for cracking solder joints inside to see if that might be your no fuel problem.

Ignition System Test Guide
Ignition Coil System Test Repair - All Cars
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet