NO SPARK NO FUEL

• Robert Brown Phd
  • 1997 CHEVROLET S-10

I had a small fire on my engine drivers side rear of the engine the fire was put out fast battery disconnected fast replace the wires it started up and drove maybe a half a block then died right now the dash and nothing works on the dash the fuel pump does not come on and there was no spark any ideas what went wrong

Saturday, January 16th, 2016 AT 9:34 AM

• Hmac300

You probably STILL have damaged wires either inside or in engine compartment. Check to see if any fuses blown under hood

Saturday, January 16th, 2016 AT 9:43 AM
  • Robert Brown Phd

No fuse block under hood. Fusable links.

Saturday, January 16th, 2016 AT 9:47 AM
  • Robert Brown Phd

No lights on dash come on either. Going to check ignition. Sensor in exhaust is not connected. It ran for maybe 3 minutes after we did the wires before it just shut off. No fuel no spark

Saturday, January 16th, 2016 AT 9:49 AM
  • Robert Brown Phd

Not ignition. I will replace all fusable links next. Fuse for instruments keeps poping

Saturday, January 16th, 2016 AT 10:34 AM
  • Hmac300

Then check that wire or wires going to the gauges there will be one for each instrumentyou more than likely have wires melted together inside harness under conduit and tape. If you are lucky you didn't burn up the ecm or another module. See if you can scan for codes that may tell you what problem is if you can get a reading.

Saturday, January 16th, 2016 AT 11:05 AM
  • Robert Brown Phd

Will do. Dealership mechanic told me as a rule a fire where wires melted to frame they total it. The fact it ran for 3-4 minutes really means nothing. So its back under it for me. Think I'll sell it for what I can get.

Saturday, January 16th, 2016 AT 11:17 AM