No spark

ETHAN EDEN
  • 1999 CHRYSLER SEBRING
I picked up this car from Pennsylvania drove home to Ohio got home it was a good two hundred mile drive about two and a half hours, but got it home let the car sit for a few hours then went for another drive and as I was driving it just dies like its out of gas putters to a stop I hit gas it wont go putters some more then dies then it would be hard to get started, but it would just putter. I let car sit walk home then the next day I get it towed home to start working on it I check fuel spark and compression it got fuel but no spark and the compression is good. Would that mean crank sensor or distributed or cam sensor or what?
Wednesday, August 3rd, 2016 AT 10:48 AM

Scan for codes and try resetting security system if no manual look online on how to do it. you can also check fuel pressure with a gauge auto parts rent. it.https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-fuel-system-pressure-and-regulator
Wednesday, August 3rd, 2016 AT 12:25 PM
ETHAN EDEN
Okay so I got spark I changed distributor and crank sensor now I got spark and I think the timing is off now because I will start it and it will automatically rev all the way up to redline by itself would that mean that its out of time and how would I get it back in tme
Friday, August 5th, 2016 AT 10:11 AM
You can't adjust the timing the pcm does check for a vacuum leak and scan for codes along with what I already sent. Make sure you don't have any broken throttle cables if any
Friday, August 5th, 2016 AT 12:06 PM