No power

RACHAEL GREEN
  • 2000 NISSAN WINGROAD
I recently had the engine in my AD wagon replaced due to a blown head gasket. It was advised that a 'used' replacement engine was the cheapest/easiest route to go down. We replaced the qg15de with exactly the same, changed plugs, transmission oil, fuel filter and later, after the engine check light prompted, 1 coil pack. An electrician reset the computer.

The engine cranks for too long before starting. Maybe five seconds? Having replaced the coil pack, it idles fine once started. The main problem appears to be a lack of power. Very noticeable going uphill, the car was not producing enough power. A quick google search had us suspecting the fuel pump as previous to the engine replacement, the car had been run "almost" out of gas. We replaced the fuel pump and the car ran fine for all of fifteen minutes. No problem running up hills, full power. Then, on a slight incline, the power seemed to drop once again and has remained low ever since. We have really run out of ideas, but I am still wondering if it is a fuel problem? After it ran so nicely for fifteen minutes following the installment of the new fuel pump. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Monday, October 10th, 2016 AT 6:29 PM

We do not have that model in US so no information, but from your description if fuel filter was not replaced do so and check fuel pressure with a gauge, it may be a bad pump as well or could be blocked exhaust as well.
Tuesday, October 11th, 2016 AT 5:56 AM
RACHAEL GREEN
Fuel filter was replaced and fuel pump was replaced. The exhaust manifold was removed and cleaned.
Tuesday, October 11th, 2016 AT 6:48 AM
If exhaust was removed how about catalytic converter and rest of exhaust?
Tuesday, October 11th, 2016 AT 7:02 AM