No crank problem

FLYNN-T@HOTMAIL.COM
  • 2004 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
When I turn the ignition nothing happens I have no power going from ignition switch to solenoid but I can cross solenoid over and it will start right up-I changed fuse under hood and changed starter relay under the hood and still will not start by turning the key. I put a wire in park neutral switch to by pass it and still will not start by turning the key. Can you help me out please when I turn the key on dash lights up and radio plays, windows work, it just will not turn over of the key.
Wednesday, February 15th, 2017 AT 11:05 AM

Try a security system reset, see link.
https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-reset-a-security-system
-1
Wednesday, February 15th, 2017 AT 12:00 PM
FLYNN-T@HOTMAIL.COM
Sorry forgot to tell you I tried the security system to see if that would work, but it never helped. I am really thinking it has something to do with the ignition switch, but every thing lights up and works when I turn the key. It just will not crank and start. Thanks
Wednesday, February 15th, 2017 AT 1:10 PM
Like most Chrysler products the start system goes through the TPIM module which can be bad and a mechanic will have to scan for codes for that as auto parts cannot scan TPIM modules.
Wednesday, February 15th, 2017 AT 3:24 PM
I screenshot your Starting System diagram in "Prodemand"

It took two shots, I insured they overlapped.

I circled, in yellow, some other things you might check out

Let us know how it is going.

Two diagrams below

The Medic
Wednesday, February 15th, 2017 AT 6:29 PM
FLYNN-T@HOTMAIL.COM
I have changed all fuses, but when I turn the key to start I hear a clicking noise when I turn the key some where around the glove box in my dash. Hope this helps. Thanks
Thursday, February 16th, 2017 AT 4:51 AM
If you have no power going to solenoid and can jump it to start check neutral switch in CJ's drawing or the relay may be bad which you can quickly check by swapping another relay from PDC.
Thursday, February 16th, 2017 AT 5:56 AM
FLYNN-T@HOTMAIL.COM
I swapped out relay did not help and put wire in park neutral switch to by pass it still did not crank over with the key. Thanks for helping.
Thursday, February 16th, 2017 AT 9:25 AM
Then check wire leading from ignition switch for power the switch may be the problem then.
Thursday, February 16th, 2017 AT 9:27 AM
FLYNN-T@HOTMAIL.COM
This is what I am thinking; I put a test light on the small wire from ignition to solenoid and when I turn the key to crank I have no power. Is there another way I can check my ignition switch without taking it all apart? And I hear a click coming from around the dash board by glove box when I turn the key to crank the engine, but still does not crank.
Thursday, February 16th, 2017 AT 9:44 AM
Get your test light and where single arrows are see if you have power with key on in those sockets. then where double arrow is have someone turn the key to start and see if that has power. it may be corrosion on relay or a PDC problem. I think the click you hear in dash is from the power-train module telling truck to start. you will need the relay out to check this and you can correspond with the the numbers which should be on bottom of relay. if you get power on all positions except where I have not marked it. It may be a fuse box problem or corrosion and it is not making good contact with relay. You may correct this by tweaking that one prong just a tad and cleaning any or all corrosion off as well as using dielectric grease on prongs for better contact. If there still is no power at unmarked position then it is either the fuse box is bad or the wire leading to starter has broken someplace which you can check with an ohm meter. i am also sending on how to check a relay along in link.
https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit
Thursday, February 16th, 2017 AT 12:06 PM
MAXIMILIAM
It was my actuator pin in my ignition-thank you very much-now I see my fuel tank skid plate is in very bad shape will it pass safety inspection if I put a couple of adjusting straps under my gas tank secured to the frame on each end thanks

Best Regards,

FLYNN-T@HOTMAIL. COM
Thursday, March 9th, 2017 AT 10:28 PM