2000 Nissan Xterra Very Bizaare

MEINERS
  • 2000 NISSAN XTERRA
This is going to sound like a crazy question. But my car is having a bizaare problem. I have been having a problem with my car stalling while I am driving it. The crazy part is that this generally happens when it has either rained a lot, or when there is a lot of humidity in the air. The car will start up but almost feel like it is only running at 60 or so percent power. Within a mile from my house the car will stall out and die, either while stopped at a stop sign, or while driving down the road. Once it stalls out, it wont start back up unless I let it sit for an hour or so and come back to it. I have had the fuel pump replaced, which didnt take care of the problem and my mechanic currently thinks maybe it is the distributer cap. Honestly I am not sure if he really knows what is wrong. I tried another mechanic and he had no ideas either. Right now I just dont drive my car when it rains. But this is misserable. Any ideas?
Monday, February 9th, 2009 AT 9:38 AM

XTERRASTERIAL
Most causes of engine stalling or loss of power in high mosture or rain is arking plug wires or a cracked distributor cap--i would inspect and or replace the spark plug wires first
Sunday, April 5th, 2009 AT 2:46 PM