Nissan Sentra 1995 won't start

MONALISA000@YAHOO.COM
  • 1995 NISSAN SENTRA
I haven't had many problems with my Nissan which has approx. 135,000 miles on it.
This morning, I tried to start it: it didn't crank, and it didn't start. When I would turn the key, it didn't make any noise except for a perhaps a very faint psss noise the first time I tried. The interior light came on and off and at times I could turn on outside lights. But other times I couldn't.
I jumped the car and it started. Although not very easily. Drove to work, turned the car off in the lot and it once again doesn't even crank. However, the battery light is not on.
What could this be?
Monday, July 9th, 2007 AT 7:18 AM

PHOTOCOW
I took battery in and had it tested. I pulled the started and had it tested. The both tested fine. Put it back together and it started right up, first try. I drove it for a week and then it did the same thing for 30- 40 minutes and probably as many start attempts it would not start.
Then right after I called a wrecker, I tried it again and it started right up just like it had been all week. I have reseated the relays under the hood and tested the shift switch to make sure it new it was in park. Can't think of what else to check. It is starting fine today but I now have no confidence that I will tomorrow.
Monday, July 16th, 2007 AT 2:36 PM
Have the battery and alternator load tested, then comeback
Monday, July 16th, 2007 AT 3:46 PM