97 Sentra Starts then stalls

NAMELESS301
  • 1997 NISSAN SENTRA

I have a 1997 Nissan Sentra GXE, automatic trans, about 85000miles, and I bought it about a month ago.

The car has been running fine since I bought it, it does idle rought sometimes when I stop but not very rough, then today I left for work at 7 and it started fine and got to work fine, then at 11 I went to go get lunch and it started fine and got me to the deli fine, then after I leave the deli I start my car and it is still in park just stalls, so I start it again and it stalls, so I start it and rev the engine and keep it at a constant RPM and it stays on then I shift to reverse and it stalls, so I put it back in park keep the RPMs up and reverse then put it in drive and get back to my work, stopped at one red light but kept the RPMs up and let it drift and it was fine, even made a turn at a light and no problems, I parked in my space at work and put it in park and it ran fine, what is going on with my car?

Friday, February 16th, 2007 AT 2:07 PM