2004 Nissan Sentra Service Engine Soon !

WANDEREAGLE
  • 2004 NISSAN SENTRA
Hello, my car got overheated and the car wouldnt start. After diagosis engine head had a crack and water and oil was mixed up. Since I got a used engine which has done 24000 miles at the same price to fix the head gasket/head, the mechanic replaced the engine. I drove it for couple of miles and the service engine soon light came up. Also the O/D light blinks when I start the car and turns off while driving. The car stalls to exceed 40mph. The mechanic checked and said the car is good and wanted me to drive for a few miles since the engine was replaced. The computer didnt show any error codes. What is the issue here?
Sunday, May 4th, 2008 AT 12:48 AM

MASTERTECHTIM
I think the main issue is the mechanic doesnt want to stand behind his work. Driving it for a while isnt going to fix anything. If you go to autozone and get the computer scanned(they do it for free) give us the code numbers and we can go from there
Sunday, May 4th, 2008 AT 5:21 AM
WANDEREAGLE
I checked with autozone and they said that the computer isnt shoing up any errror. They suspect some loose wiring and hence no error codes. Moreover they said that the first thing would be to change the spark plugs and then check if the pickup is good. Pls advise.
Sunday, May 4th, 2008 AT 11:40 PM
MASTERTECHTIM
That diagnosis I can tell came from the guy from autozone. Have we tried having the previous mechanic look at it again? No communication is probably from a blown fuse. Give the guy another shot and get back to us
Monday, May 5th, 2008 AT 6:51 AM
WANDEREAGLE
Hi.I took it back to the mechanic. He diagonised the car for a whole day. He sad spark plugs are good, o2 filter good, fuse is good. But he coudnt find out why the SES is on and the car has a low pickup. The computer doesnt show any error codes. He feels that nissan dealer would be able to help me. Pls advise.
Wednesday, May 7th, 2008 AT 7:03 PM
MASTERTECHTIM
You can get a diagnosis from them. Only commit yourself to 1 hour of diag time so your not locked in.
Thursday, May 8th, 2008 AT 6:52 AM
WANDEREAGLE
Nissan checked and gave me a report tht the throttle actuator needs to be replaced. I asked them if this is fixed then will my car run good and no SES. They said thts wat the comouter shows to fix NOW. I took to my mechanic and I told my him about this. He showed me the new throttle actuator tht he replaced new when he put the engine. He showed me the old one tht was in his junk along with my old engine. He believes tht the computer chip needs to be re coded or something. Since he has checked the pressure in the fuel pump, the transmission is good and others as I mentioned. Nissan is asking me 400 to replace the throttle which is already new. They said if I got it fixed from my mechanic they would charge me again 99 bucks to re-program it. Pls advise.
Friday, May 9th, 2008 AT 7:19 PM
MASTERTECHTIM
Im confused what you are calling a throttle actuator? Is it a throttle position sensor?
Friday, May 9th, 2008 AT 7:40 PM
WANDEREAGLE
Yes, its something at the right hand top corner of the engine. The report calls it throttle actuator to be replaced in the first page of the report. Also there are the codes tht Nissan gave a copy to me and said tht replacing this Throttle woulf eliminate these codes. Thing is I already have a new one in the car. So would a re-programming the chip get the SES to go off?

Self Diag Results

DTC results Time
ETC functioning/circ 6
P1122

ETC functioning/circ 6
P1122

ETC ACTR 0
P1121

TP Sen 1/CIRC
p0223 6

TP Sen 2/CIRC
p0223 6

TP sensor
P2135 6

Int/V TIM V/CIR-B1 1t
P1111

CMP Sen/circ-B1 1t
P0340

ETC ACTR
P1121 1t
Friday, May 9th, 2008 AT 11:42 PM
WANDEREAGLE
Hello Car pros,

Do u have any advise for me plesssssssssssss?
Monday, May 12th, 2008 AT 2:57 PM
MASTERTECHTIM
Well it appears to me from the report you just printed that the throttle need to be replaced again.
Monday, May 12th, 2008 AT 8:00 PM
WANDEREAGLE
Please tell me ur advice Pro. I doono if I shud listen to my mechanic who says he has put in a new Throttle body OR listen to nissan dealer to replace the new throttle body tht my mechanic has put in by spending 400 bucks. Moreover will this solve my poor acceleration problem? Am a total amateur and advise from a car pro will help me.
Monday, May 12th, 2008 AT 10:05 PM
MASTERTECHTIM
The codes you have will give bad hesitation. I would be more inclined to take the dealers advice, since for one they work on these every day and they will stand behind their diagnosis as where your current mechanic wont.
Tuesday, May 13th, 2008 AT 11:56 AM