HOT STARTING PROBLEMS

2004 Nissan Sentra

KeithHind

2004 Nissan Sentra 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 75000 miles

The first time I start my car in the morning, it turns over fine, but after driving for about 30 minutes, if I turn off the car, and try and start it again, it cranks for a good 10 seconds, but doesn't turn over. If I try again and hold down the accelerator pedal about half way, it usually starts up fine the second or third time. The problem is worse in summer weather, so I assume one of the causes is the heat. I have replaced the battery recently but haven't done much other work to it other then oil changes. I have checked for codes with a code reader and found nothing. After starting, the car runs fine and the temperature stays normal. Thanks in advance.

KeithHind

January, 8, 2010 AT 2:05 AM

So, just an update after researching more, I have come to believe that I need to replace these parts. Search the codes up on google and I have found many people with the same problems as me being fixed after completing this.

Basically, you need to install a full Fuel Pump Repair Kit.

22670-8U70C - REGULATOR ASSY.
17342-01A00 - O-RING SEAL

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe