2002 Nissan Sentra engine won't turn over

TEMPLER
  • 2002 NISSAN SENTRA
2002 Nissan Sentra

Sirs, I turned the ignition and it did not turn over, took in the battery and had it re-charges at Checkers. Was told the charge would hold. Re-installed the battery and the engine still does not turn over. It does not make a loud whirring noice. It makes the same noice as it did just before starting.
Does this mean the distributer, carberator? What is checked after the battery is tested to be good?
Thank you for your time and consideration,
Jonathon
Saturday, November 15th, 2008 AT 7:18 PM

ZACKMAN
I don't think I understand the problem right. You said even after the battery was recharged, the engine still does not turn over. . It does not make a loud whirring noice. It makes the same noice as it did just before starting.

So, what noise does the engine make? Does the engine crank but doesn't catch?

In your case, you don't have either a carburetor or a distributor. Your engine is fuel-injected with coil-on-plug distributorless ignition system (DIS).
Saturday, November 15th, 2008 AT 10:18 PM
TEMPLER
Sirs, thank you for the information about not having a carberator. Yes, the engine cranks yet, does not start. It is hard to describe the sound it makes when I turn the ignition. It makes the sound it made when the engine use to start yet, then it made that sound for only a second because it started immediately. It starts by sounding like the engine will start as it did before yet, without starting the engine.
Sorry if that is a poor description. I do not hear any misfiring, any banging, etc.
Jonathon
Sunday, November 16th, 2008 AT 3:13 AM
ZACKMAN
OK, I get it. It cranks normally but will not start.

Here is the list of troubleshooting procedure. Follow the numerical order. I do be believe in your case has something to do with fuel, most possibly your fuel pump.

1. Check fuel pump circuit.
2. Check fuel injector circuit.
3. Check Idle Air Control Valve circuit.
4. Check Mass Air Flow circuit.
5. Check coolant temp sensor circuit.
6. Check camshaft position sensor circuit.
7. Check EGR valve.
Sunday, November 16th, 2008 AT 11:14 PM