2002 NISSAN SENTRA 1.8 GXE 125K MORNING STARTING PROBLEM.

• bilo5
  • 2002 Nissan Sentra

Car would not start in the morning.
It has happend Twice. Car would turn but would not start. I open the plugs I saw some fuel on the top of the pistions. Plugs were wet with fuel. I sprayed some starting fuild and cank it for good 2 minutes than the car would start. Once the car is started it would run fine without a problem. ( And startes on first crank).
No code in the Car computer? Please help

Sunday, April 8th, 2007 AT 5:03 PM

• rasmataz

Check the coolant temperature sensor and cold start injector time switch and cold start injector.

Cold start injector injects fuel for a short period of time-before the CTS takes over to demand fuel from the computer.

Sunday, April 8th, 2007 AT 5:19 PM
  • bilo5

What is a good method to ckeck these items?
Thanks for your help.

Sunday, April 8th, 2007 AT 5:25 PM
  • rasmataz

Check the CTS connection make sure its tight

Check the CTS resistances warm and cold-should have a high resistance when cold and decreases when hot. CTS should be close by the thermostat housing-not really familiar with this model.

The computer uses the CTS signal to determine how long to open the injectors for fuel demand during open loop mode -meaning when the engine is cold before the oxygen sensor takes over

Sunday, April 8th, 2007 AT 5:45 PM
  • bilo5

Ckecked the CTS its fine. Where would I find cold start injector time switch? What would be the next thing to check.

Tuesday, April 10th, 2007 AT 11:25 PM
  • bilo5

Change the CTS but still have to crank a lot in the morning, ones warm up no problem? What next in line to check.

Monday, May 7th, 2007 AT 9:03 PM
  • rasmataz

Check the throttle position and airflow meter sensors connectors and bench test the AFM.

Monday, May 7th, 2007 AT 10:15 PM