1.8 GXE 125K MORNING STARTING PROBLEM.

2002 Nissan Sentra

bilo5

April, 8, 2007 AT 5:03 PM

Car would not start in the morning.
It has happend Twice. Car would turn but would not start. I open the plugs I saw some fuel on the top of the pistions. Plugs were wet with fuel. I sprayed some starting fuild and cank it for good 2 minutes than the car would start. Once the car is started it would run fine without a problem. ( And startes on first crank).
No code in the Car computer? Please help

April, 8, 2007 AT 5:19 PM

Check the coolant temperature sensor and cold start injector time switch and cold start injector.

Cold start injector injects fuel for a short period of time-before the CTS takes over to demand fuel from the computer.

bilo5

April, 8, 2007 AT 5:25 PM

What is a good method to ckeck these items?
Thanks for your help.

April, 8, 2007 AT 5:45 PM

Check the CTS connection make sure its tight

Check the CTS resistances warm and cold-should have a high resistance when cold and decreases when hot. CTS should be close by the thermostat housing-not really familiar with this model.

The computer uses the CTS signal to determine how long to open the injectors for fuel demand during open loop mode -meaning when the engine is cold before the oxygen sensor takes over

bilo5

April, 10, 2007 AT 11:25 PM

Ckecked the CTS its fine. Where would I find cold start injector time switch? What would be the next thing to check.

bilo5

May, 7, 2007 AT 9:03 PM

Change the CTS but still have to crank a lot in the morning, ones warm up no problem? What next in line to check.

May, 7, 2007 AT 10:15 PM

Check the throttle position and airflow meter sensors connectors and bench test the AFM.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe