2001 NISSAN SENTRA POWER WINDOWS

• TForm
  • 2001 Nissan Sentra

2001 Nissan Sentra 4 cyl Wheel Drive Type unknown Automatic 70,000 miles

My front driver's side power window got stuck in the down position this morning. I managed to get it back up by pulling on the window and the power button at the same time. As the window went up, I could hear a clicking noise.

I would like to try and repair this myself. The research I've done so far tells me that the problem is the motor or the regulator. My guess is that it is the motor; how can I tell for sure which part needs to be replaced?

Tuesday, January 1st, 2008 AT 2:00 AM

• mhpautos

Hi there,

you will have to remove the door trim and disconnect the window from the regulator, (normally 2 or 3 bolts) there will be a position to move the window to, to access these bolts, the regulator will unbolt from the door frame with the motor attached remember to unplug the harness, inspect motor and regulator for fault.

Mark (mhpautos0

Tuesday, January 1st, 2008 AT 2:39 AM
  • TForm

Thanks for your reply!

When you say that I will need to remove the door "trim" are you referring to the plastic door paneling or the rubber trim around the door frame? Can I remove the bolts with a socket wrench?

Tuesday, January 1st, 2008 AT 3:18 PM
  • mhpautos

Hi there,

The trim refer to the plastic inner trim, door handles, arm rest if fitted, there is no need to touch the rubber weather seal on the door, There are different methods of removing trims, for fitting look for small screws they may be covered with caps, the trim panel will be clipped on, (there may be some screws as well) a careful inspection will show. You must be careful as the trim can be damaged if handled to roughly, if unsure get you mechanic to remove trim for you.

Tuesday, January 1st, 2008 AT 4:22 PM