2000 Nissan Sentra Will not keep running

COUNTRY CHARLIE
  • 2000 NISSAN SENTRA
Car will start but will not idle right. Starts to stumble then quits. When it starts it will not move with out stalling nor can you revit up. I have installed new pump and fuel pressue regulator. Removed injectors and blew them out with compressed air. Pressure at idle is 34 psi and it increases to 45 if you remove the vacuum line from the fuel regulator. If you partially restict the fuel return line and bring the pressure up to 55 psi the engine works much better but still not perfect. Would it possibly be the coolant sensor or the mat sensor?
Monday, December 21st, 2009 AT 5:32 PM

IT could be a many different sensors that could cause this. Does outside temp affect this or is it the same no matter what? Also, has the check engine light come on? Have you had the throttl position sensor tested? Have you checked for vacuum leaks?

Let me know.

Monday, December 21st, 2009 AT 9:02 PM
COUNTRY CHARLIE
Temerature does not seem to make any difference. No check engine light has not come on. Looked for vacuum leaks none found. Have not checked the throttle position sensor yet. When I changed the pump and filter the old ones were quite dirty. The tank was clean inside.
Monday, December 21st, 2009 AT 9:53 PM
Just for the heck of it, check the new fuel filter to make sure it isn't plugging. There may have been something you didn't see in the tank. Also, I was thinking about this after I posted. Check the EGR valve to make sure it isn't clogged with carbon.

Let me know what you find.

Monday, December 21st, 2009 AT 11:01 PM
COUNTRY CHARLIE
Checked car with scan tool. Mil light burn:t out. Found 8 codes. These are the codes as follows
1. PO 171
2. PO 300
3. PO 732
4. P. 1140
5. PO 110
6. PO 300
7. P. 1140
8. PO 455
I think my problem after testing some sensors might be the IAT sensor and the MAF sensor. My reasoning is that when I remove the plug from the MAF the idle improved. The readings for the IAT were way off of the actual temperature readings at the time. What do you think
Tuesday, December 22nd, 2009 AT 8:34 PM
I agree. That is where I would start. You may want to try cleaning it first to see if that helps.
Thursday, December 24th, 2009 AT 1:56 AM