2000 Nissan Sentra Please Help

MEKISS
  • 2000 NISSAN SENTRA
My 2000 Nissan Sentra GXE will not start. I have replaced Cam and Crank Sensors. I did this and the car started and ran fine for a day. I was on my way home from school and the car died going 65mph on the highway. Funny thing is, the RPM's dropped to 0 as I was going 65mph. They read 0 for about a mile or so. Finially the car started bogging down then up, down then up and eventually died. Now it will crank, but will not turn over! OBD port will not power ANY reader at all--Zero Power to OBD port. Please help!
Saturday, July 31st, 2010 AT 7:12 PM

EDWARD.S
Hi, First I'd Check all The fuses, See If They are good. Then I'd Take a Test Light At The OBD 2 Connector And See if Power Has Returned there, If Still No power There, Then Check the computer. For Power and grounds. If everything checks out you may need a computer. But They Do not Go Bad To often In these Cars. I'd Get A second Opinion. See A Mechanic And have it checked out.

Hope This Helps You,
Good Luck
Edward S.
Saturday, July 31st, 2010 AT 7:25 PM
MEKISS
Ok, I did check all of the fuses and I hooked up a volt meter to the OBD port. Only one of the slots on the OBD port had any volts. It was registerd at 10 volts with the car on accessory. This was a green wire. No power at all with car off of accessory. How to I check the Computer to the car? Thanks for your reply!
Saturday, July 31st, 2010 AT 8:18 PM
EDWARD.S
Hi, See If you Have ground at The Obd2 connector Also. Check your Battery That It's Fully charged. To Check the computer, Power And Grounds, You need a wiring Diagram Of the computer, Look at the diagram And see Where You have Battery, also Ignition feed, and grounds. Carefully Check With a dvom meter. If you Have Power and ground at the Obd2 Connector, Then you should be able To get codes Out of the computer. I'd Check This first.

Hope This Helps You,
Good Luck
Edward S.
Sunday, August 1st, 2010 AT 7:38 AM