2000 Nissan Sentra Heater will not blow warm if.

VDUBOIS
  • 2000 NISSAN SENTRA
This has me puzzled. My heater works great as long as I am driving a distance. However, if I am in town to run errands it starts blowing cold. If I want to warm my car before leaving for work it only blows cold. The rmps have to be high in order for it to blow warm. It worked great last winter and it does this winter as long as I"m not in town. Example. I left work to come home which is appx 12 mles. I have to run to the store and within 3 to 4 minutesof driving in town it only blows cold. As soon as I leave town where I"m driving 55mph it is blowing warm as it should. Any suggestions?
My car is a 2000 Nissian Sentra 1.8 engine.
Saturday, December 5th, 2009 AT 7:20 PM

Check the coolant level if okay test the thermostat and check for blockage on the heater core everything okay so far-could be door problems, vacuum/actuators and HVAC control module.
Saturday, December 5th, 2009 AT 7:23 PM
VDUBOIS
Okay thanks but. I just replaced my thermostat and the heater core has been flushed. The door whatever you want to call it is controlled by a cable and it was also checked. Any other suggestions?
Saturday, December 5th, 2009 AT 8:39 PM