STALLING

• Martinrp
  • NISSAN PATHFINDER

I have a 1991 Nissan Pathfinder, 3.0 engine with 200K miles. It will run fine when driving but when I come to a stop it stalls. It starts fine and will drive again but come to a stop and it will act like it is starving for gas and then stall. It did this several months ago and then it ran fine and now it is doing it again. At a stop I can keep the RPM's up and it will not stall. Any time I push the cluth in and let off the gas the RPM's will drop and it will stall. Thanks for the help.

Monday, March 19th, 2007 AT 10:34 AM

• Jack42

First try cleaning out the throttle body with some carb spray and a rag. If it still des it the IAC motor might be giving up on you. Any check engine light?

Monday, March 19th, 2007 AT 12:09 PM
  • Martinrp

I though it might be the Idle Control Valve. Is this the same as the Idle Air Control Motor? There is no check engine light. I have read that sometimes it is posible to clean the Idle Air Control Valve. What woud you reccomend?

Monday, March 19th, 2007 AT 3:37 PM
  • Lcp2000

Bump... Bump... Bump...

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/236862_bump_1.jpg

I'm also having the same problem.
Has anyone figured this thing out?

Thanks,
lcp

Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008 AT 3:29 PM