WONT START

Nissan Pathfinder

nobody1627

April, 30, 2007 AT 7:03 PM

Hi. I have a 1996 Nissan Pathfinder with about 139,000 miles. My girlfriend was using it for work and was forced off the road and hit a pole at a moderate speed. There was damage to the front fender, bumper, and turn signal and I think the control arm below is bent.

I was planning to fix it but I wasn't making much progress; and, it now has been sitting 6-7 months.

After the accident the car would start and drive but it wasn't really " drivable" for any distance because of the bent part of the suspension.

Well, now I have someone who is willing to buy it " as is" to do the repairs; but, he would like to hear it run first, which I think is pretty fair.

I put in a new battery and checked the terminals and fuses and they look ok. The lights and radio and stuff work; but, when you turn it over you get nothing, no clicking, no noise, no response.

Any suggestions where else to look? I even went under and banged on the starter with someone else turning the key to see if maybe it was " bound up" inside from sitting so long; but, no luck. Also, the starter solenoid appears to be hooked in correctly; but, it really is kind of hard to tell much because of where they are located plus how they are enclosed.

Any help would be much appreciated!

May, 1, 2007 AT 2:45 PM

Recheck the battery and starter connections-okay test all the fusible links, then comeback

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang