I have just purchased a 1997 (R)micra 1.0 S for my daughter who has just passed her test, when we looked at the car the garage salesperson said it needed a temprature sensor and we could see how quick the temprature rose. Agreed to buy the car on the condition this was replaced.
Picked up car a week later and he said it was running fine which it seemed to be staying cool. Drove home about 30 miles and was still cool.
I looked at the sensor and notice it had been changed for a new one but they had left the wire off and sure enough when I put the wire back on the temp guage shoots up again. The car however does not seem to be overheating or loosing water plus driving it 30 miles if it was overheating wouldnt have done it too good. Has anyone any idea what may be causing the temp guage to shoot up like that but without the car overheating? Many thanks.
have the same problem?
Monday, August 13th, 2007 AT 10:34 AM