Nissan 200SX 1989

  • 1989 NISSAN
My son went through a deep puddle and the air filter is customized to be at the (facing the car) right lower portion of the vehicle and water sucked up through the air filter and the car turned off. We towed the car home and water went into the motor, is my engine damaged? The car still will not turn on what could I do I dont want to damage the motor, how do I repair it do I just take out the oil and put new oil in it?
Do you
have the same problem?
Friday, August 3rd, 2007 AT 10:51 AM

1 Reply

Okay I hear you

Lets do this:

1. Change the oil and filter

2. From bottom of engine cylinder head check every electrical connectors you can find clean it and put dielectric grease.

3. Remove the intake tube at throttle body and clean the throttle plate. Then clean the air valve.

4. Check the throttle position sensor and throttle switch

Note: Make sure everything inside the car is off/doors/trunk/switches etc. Put a test light in between the battery positive post and the disconnected cable if it lights up, you have a short circuit within the electrical system.

That's it for now till you comeback. Bear in mind this one can give us a nightmare to remember. We still got a long way to go.

Be advised if you're not electrically incline bring her in, its not a DIY thing.

Good Luck!
Was this
Saturday, August 4th, 2007 AT 7:54 PM

Please login or register to post a reply.

Recommended Guides