Power Door Locks Possessed

TMCDON05
  • NISSAN MAXIMA
1997 Maxima SE, Power everything.
It began with the passenger door not locking with the other doors (the knob shows almost locked). To lock it, it had to be "manually" locked. Now, it won't lock or unlock, with power or manually. Can "unlock" with manual lock knob but the door stays locked, and now we can't open it because it stays perpetually locked! Felt the lock mechanism move up and down with slim-jim so I think the rod from the knob to the pivot point is working, from there down to the lock, I can't tell. NOW, even when the power locks are used, the knobs show "locked", the "locking noise" is made, but the driver's door will still open anyway; but not the passenger's! In case it was a power problem, which I think it is (tell you why in a sec), I removed all "battery" fuses, since none said they were for the door locks, but none killed the power to the locks. I think it is a power problem because I noticed that when I lock the driver's door with the knob, it stays in the "locking" mode for a second or two, instead of just locking and releasing (like you were holding down the lock button too long and it was still getting power). Long story but I tried to pre-answer as much as I could! P.S. - I made a donation, as anyone who uses you should! I didn't know you guys were here and even if you can't fix this problem, there have been many more times I could have used you! This is an excellent idea!
Tuesday, August 14th, 2007 AT 7:47 PM

SERVICE WRITER
Welcome, and thanks for the acknowledgement of our time.

Did you pull #56?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/30961_door_lock_1.jpg

Under hood box.
Tuesday, August 14th, 2007 AT 8:16 PM
TMCDON05
HAHA! No, forgot about the ones under the hood! Thanks, I'll try that tonight - at least it will let me know if it is a power problem or not. Thanks!
Tony
Wednesday, August 15th, 2007 AT 8:23 AM
TMCDON05
OK, here is where I am. I pulled the fuse and the power was cut for the locks. The passenger's door is still locked, the driver's door is still unlocked, no matter what you do with the knobs. Putting the power back to the locks does this: Doors "lock" but are still in the same configuration as stated above (the rear doors seem to be working as they are supposed to). When I unlock the doors, with the remote, the doors unlock but then quickly relock, although they aren't really locking and unlocking! (Except for the rear doors!) I am about ready to pry the freakin' passenger's door open just so I win! I don't mind bringing it to a mechanic but I should be able to do what they would have to do to get the door open! As stated in my original post, a "slim-jim" doesn't do it, the mechanism (at the pivot point) is moving but doesn't affect the door. I pulled the driver's door panel off and played with it, the door lock seems to be working fine but, of course, it is not! All the rods move when moved but the door is not locked.
Wednesday, August 15th, 2007 AT 6:57 PM
SERVICE WRITER
LMAO!

You need to get into the panel. Since the driver's door panel is off, check that actuator with this procedure. I expect it will respond and would then expect the control module to be at fault.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/30961_doorlock_1.jpg

Wednesday, August 15th, 2007 AT 7:33 PM