PLEASE HELP ME WITH VEHICLE PROBLEM

Nissan Maxima

medic18

June, 13, 2007 AT 9:51 AM

I am writing to ask for your assistance in helping me determine what is wrong with my car. The car is a 1998 Automatic Nissan Maxima. 100,000 miles. The problem I am having is a loud squealing noise when the engine turns over and while the AC is in use. However, recently the noise continues even while the AC is not in use. Sometimes the squealing will only last a few seconds and other times the squealing will last longer and will even become louder as the gas pedal is pressed.

I had a mechanic take a look at the car and have had the following done to fix the issue. However, I continue to have the same problems. And the mechanic tells me that he is not sure what else can be done and advised me to take it to the Nissan dealership.

The serpentine built has been changed multiple times, the AC compressor / clutch has been replaced, harmonic balancer has been replaced, belt tensioner has been replaced, the idler pulley has been replaced, and the alternator has been replaced multiple times due to the belt failure.

Any help that you can provide will be so greatly appreciated. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,
Jason

Crankshaft Main Seal Replace - Front
Step by Step Timing Belt Replacement Guide
Step by Step Timing Chain Replacement Guide
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz