BATTERY WILL NOT CHARGE

Nissan Maxima

mp6951md

July, 30, 2006 AT 9:49 PM

I have a 93 nissan maxima with about 150,000 miles on it and haven't had any problems with it up till now. I was replacing the radio recently and forgot to disconnect the ground from the battery. During the installation I played the radio a few times and had to rewire a few times as some of the speakers did not work initially. I finally got everything working and then my battery went dead. (No lights, no engine cranking or anything).

I did leave some of the interior lights on overnight and played the radio a few times during the installation so I thought maybe I just ran the battery dead. I used some jumper cables and my other car and got the engine started. However, a few minutes after I disconnect the jumper cables the battery runs dead and I have to jump it again. Does this mean I may have shorted something while installing the radio and I need a new alternator or could this be the battery?

In4am0spun

August, 24, 2006 AT 11:24 PM

New alternator maybe?

When putting in a new radio system. You need a new alternator to keep the battery charging with the new equipment put in.

Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006