'96 Maxima. Need help with power windows and locks control

ALEX1996
  • 1996 NISSAN MAXIMA
My ‘96 Maxima suddenly lost window control on all 4 doors and power lock no longer working while using switch on driver door. The individual control on each door also fails to operate the windows, but I can lock and unlock all, but driver door, using remote from original security system

The driver’s door window was smashed last night by someone while trying to steal GPS unit (fortunately only GPS bracket was in the car attached to windshield). Technician tried to replace the glass and was not able to roll it down. Everything was working a day before.

Fuses look normal. I tried to swap main windows fuse (the 30A green one under the hood), but still no luck. No damage to internal wiring notes.

Than you for any help you can give
Tuesday, October 16th, 2007 AT 11:14 PM

FISHERMAN
Hello !

Looks to me like you have a damage control or wiring on the Driver s door.
That its the main unit and controls all four doors
check the power wire that feeds the control (i think that same wire feeds the power lock) use a 12 volt light tester and check for power.
I m almost positive that the problem is in there !

Let us Know !
-1
Tuesday, October 16th, 2007 AT 11:23 PM
ALEX1996
Hi Fisherman

Than you for you help!

Yes, it was a control module from driver door. How it's broke we don't know, but it is some electronics involved (this module has a PCB inside) and apparently something went wrong there

Thanks again!
Wednesday, October 24th, 2007 AT 8:42 AM
FISHERMAN
Hello!

Thank you for choose 2Carpros !

We re Glad to be at your service!

Good Luck!
Wednesday, October 24th, 2007 AT 9:08 AM